The project consisted of three parts:
- Constructing CI/CD Pipelines
- SaaS Architecture Design
- Client Onboarding
We proposed that RegTek move to AWS, and because its software needs to retain the ability to run in any datacenter, we ensured that the software is cloud portable and not tightly bound to the AWS cloud native offerings. Additionally, because of the sensitivity of the data being reported, all SaaS clients had requested complete isolation from one another.
AWS was used to:
- Create single-tenant VPCs with Oracle RDS instances provisioned for each client, which were created by using CloudFormation templates.
- Deploy some of the RegTek products as SaaS offerings into separate AWS accounts under an Organization leveraging Consolidated Billing.
- Send logs to CloudWatch. All access to the deployed resources is monitored by CloudTrail.
- Achieve resiliency by relying on ELB, Multi-AZ deployments and Auto-scaling groups.
The domain knowledge of Risk Focus was especially useful in Client Onboarding, which RegTek had subcontracted fully to Risk Focus.
- Placing Business Analysts at the client sites to identify the necessary feeds and design their delivery process.
- Perform required data mappings and enrichment to ensure that the raw trading feeds that were delivered by the client could be submitted to the SDR (Swaps Data Repository) of the DTCC.
Additional 3rd party technology used for this solution included:
- OneLogin for Authentication and Authorization of client users
- DataDog for monitoring