APIX.XL™ can be connected to an API repository such as APIX.Hub™ or an API Gateway.
The following guide allows the user to connect to the API repository of their choice as well as provides additional information about connecting and logging in to APIX.Hub™.
Connecting to an API Gateway
Connecting to APIX.Hub™
Connecting APIX.XL™ to an API Gateway
The following parameters are required to connect APIX.XL™ to an API gateway:
- Endpoint for all Swaggers – API gateway endpoint which returns all Swagger documents/urls in a JSON array (If the user does not have an endpoint for all Swaggers, they should consult documentation on Loading an API Locally and Configuring API Authentication.)
- Token endpoint – API gateway OAuth2 token endpoint URL
- Client_id – API gateway OAuth2 client_id
- Client_secret – API gateway OAuth2 client_secret
- Client_scope – API gateway OAuth2 client_scope
If the above parameters are met, the user can follow these steps to connect APIX.XL™ to their API Gateway:
- Click on the Configure API Gateway button, which is located in the Quickstart Gateway section of the APIX.XL ribbon
- In the configuration form, enter the API endpoint URL, Token URL, Client Id, Client Secret, and Scope (if applicable). Click the Save button.
- If the provided values are valid, APIX™ will connect to the user’s API gateway, fetch and process the Swagger document, and display the function-selector screen. Up to three API endpoints can be selected to be added as functions in Excel.
- Select the API endpoints to include and click the ADD FUNCTIONS TO EXCEL button. A confirmation popup window will display once the functions are added to Excel.
- Endpoints from a Swagger will display under one category. For instance, three endpoints were selected in total and two were part of Swagger A and one was part of swagger B, the two from swagger A will display under one category and the one from B will display under a different category in Excel. In this case, the category name will start with “qs.”
Connecting APIX.XL™ to APIX.Hub™
The following steps allow the user to connect APIX.XL™ to APIX.Hub™:
- Click on the Configure APIX.Hub button, which is located in the QUICKSTART APIX.HUB section of the APIX.XL ribbon.
- Provide the Hostname for the APIX.Hub™ provisioned in the user’s AWS account and click the SAVE button.
- A confirmation popup window will indicate that the host was successfully saved. Click the OK button to close the confirmation popup. Login is now enabled.